Happy New Year, baking gods and goddesses!
Anyone that knows me – even a little – knows I LOVE chocolate. Every time I have the opportunity to indulge in something a little decadent, more likely than not it will be made of chocolate, covered in chocolate, or pure 100% unadulterated chocolate. Excessive? Maybe. Delicious? Heck yea!
These yummy little brownies are a chocolate lover’s dream. Made of high-quality unsweetened cocoa and chopped milk (or dark) chocolate, they are rich, moist and chewy, perfect with a tall glass of cold milk or a few tablespoons of heavy cream. I’ve spent many years making brownies – admittedly from a box mix, I’m a tad ashamed to say – and I think this homemade recipe far and away surpasses anything else I’ve made or tasted elsewhere. I highly recommend giving them a try!
CHOCOLATE CHUNK BROWNIES
Makes: 16 brownies
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 fresh eggs
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup high-quality unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 4oz milk chocolate bar (such as Dairy Milk), chopped into medium-sized chunks
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit (160 degrees Celsius). Prepare an 8×8″ ceramic or Pyrex baking dish with non-stick cooking spray (or lightly grease with butter).
- Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Once melted (do not brown), remove from heat and transfer to a mixing bowl. Stir in sugar, eggs, and vanilla, blending thoroughly.
- Mix in cocoa powder, flour, salt, and baking powder. Stir in chopped chocolate pieces. Spread batter into prepared baking dish.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes, or until a knife or toothpick inserted 2″ from edge comes out clean.
*re-posted from my old blog, Cucina Fresca*