Super Bowl weekend is finally upon us, which can only mean one thing – GAME DAY SNACKS!!! Oh, and football. And I guess some people really dig the commercials … and the half-time show … and the endless supply of cheap American beer. But seriously, it’s not about that. Any of that. IT’S ALL ABOUT THE FOOD.
Well, it is in our house anyway. While my husband and I are pretty ambivalent about who wins and who loses, we’re definitely excited about stuffing ourselves silly from opening kick-off to final whistle with these yummy homemade chicken wings. Bathed in a palate-pleasing mixture of soy sauce, honey, ginger and (lots and lots of) garlic, these baked wings can be thrown together by even the most novice chef in less than 30 minutes – with no frying or messy clean-up!
Enjoy in moderation!
*** Looking for something a little spicier? Try my recipe for Spicy Honey Hot Wings! ***
BAKED GINGER HONEY CHICKEN WINGS
Yields | 6 to 8 servings
Inspiration | Simply Recipes
- Canola or olive oil
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 tbsp clear honey
- 1 inch piece of fresh ginger, peeled + finely minced
- 3 cloves fresh garlic, finely minced
- 1/8 tsp Sriracha (or other hot sauce)
- 3 lbs raw chicken wings (or drumettes)
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced on the diagonal
- Preheat oven to 425° Fahrenheit (215° Celsius) with baking rack on the upper third of the oven. Line a roasting pan or thick baking sheet with foil. Rub some canola or olive oil over the foil to keep the wings from sticking.
- In a large bowl, whisk together soy sauce, honey, ginger, garlic and Sriracha hot sauce. Add wings and toss to coat thoroughly. Arrange skin-side down on prepared roasting pan or baking sheet, taking care not to crowd the wings.
- Roast in oven for 15 minutes. Remove from oven, and – using tongs – flip wings over so they are skin-side up. Return to oven and bake for 10 additional minutes, until nicely browned. Remove from oven and cool for 5 minutes before serving.