It’s not baking – but my god, do I need a break from baked goods!!
GORGONZOLA SPINACH SALAD WITH WALNUTS, BOSC PEARS + POMEGRANATE-THYME VINAIGRETTE
Yields: 2-4 servings
- 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed pomegranate juice
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp dried thyme leaves
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 6 ounces fresh baby spinach leaves
- 1 fresh Bosc pear, cored + thinly sliced length-wise
- 1/2 cup quartered walnuts
- 3/4 cup crumbled Gorgonzola or other soft blue cheese
- 3 tbsp fresh pomegranate seeds
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk olive oil, vinegar, pomegranate and lemon juices, mustard, honey and thyme. Add salt and pepper to taste. Cover and chill for 30 minutes.
- In a large serving bowl, combine spinach, sliced pear, walnuts and Gorgonzola. To serve, drizzle with prepared vinaigrette and sprinkle with fresh pomegranate seeds.
*Re-posted from my old blog, Cucina Fresca.